Meet the first in an exciting new generation of Wi-Fi® enabled, ultrahigh-resolution Nikon HDSLRs: The D5300. With built-in Wi-Fi for photo sharing to your smartphone or tablet, GPS and mapping, a cutting edge 24.2-megapixel image sensor, an extra-large swiveling Vari-angle LCD and more, D5300 brings an outstanding new level of image quality and capabilities in a compact, ergonomic design. Pair it with any NIKKOR lens—like the outstanding AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR kit lens—and unleash the full potential of its innovative image sensor. Your photos will be richer, truer to life than most photos you’ve seen. HD video will have a stunning cinematic look, a level of sharpness and clarity that ignites on ultra-high-resolution tablets, laptops and TVs. And the first time you use your smartphone or tablet to instantly share photos from the D5300, you’ll realize the game has truly changed.
Nikon makes outstanding image quality possible with the perfect combination of technological advances: a newly developed Nikon DX-format CMOS image sensor, Nikon’s exclusive new EXPEED 4 image-processing engine, Picture Control, and the uncompromising optical quality of NIKKOR lenses.
- Further improved high-speed, multifunctional, high-performance image-processing engine EXPEED 3. [NEW]
- 51-point AF system with enhanced performance in subject acquisition and focusing in low-light situations.
- Fast initial AF detection that enables quick focusing.
- Superior quick response with approx. 0.12 s* startup time and approx. 0.042 s* shutter-release time lag.
- * Based on CIPA Guidelines.
- Dual card slots for CF card compatible with UDMA 7 and the next-generation recording media, the XQD memory card.